Rachael's trip

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Middle School Conference

I finally got to go to a Middle School Conference. I must say, now I understand why people get fight to get to go. I totally enjoyed myself and learned so much that I am energized and ready to finish the year.

I attended mostly technology sessions. I learned some editing tricks in audacity which totally helped our podcasting ability. I learned about videoconferencing in North Carolina and the opportunities there. I was educated on using cell phones in class. I saw how AVID can work effectively to motivate students and learned how to use the newspaper ma ore effectively with my kids.

Wow, that's a great deal of info in just a couple of days and definitely not everything! I enjoyed our keynote speaker who really has me thinking about my teaching practice. I guess I have taken too many shortcuts during my stint in graduate school which I promise NOT to do after I graduate this spring. Thank goodness my middle schoolers are a forgiving bunch!

No comments: