Rachael's trip

Sunday, January 3, 2010

First New Recipe of 2010

"You've never fried me a turkey." My husband informed me after I asked him what he would give a 4 out of 4 stars. Finally, my chicken and dumplings earned a 4 star rating.

Tonight we tried "Bruschetta Chicken Bake" from my Kraft Foods Recipe box. Rande gave it 3 out of four stars. The dish was relatively easy to prepare and very filling. I served it with steamed broccoli and brussel sprouts. Perfect for today's winter chill there in North Carolina.

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/bruschetta-chicken-bake-65546.aspx


I have promised to get back into the habit of cooking by trying one new recipe every Sunday evening. Unfortunately, we got into a habit of eating prepackaged or fast food meals the past two years while I was in grad school. So, I am trying to wean us from this habit. Hopefully, I will have a new repertoire of favorites by the end of this year and my family will be more likely to want to eat at home.

Well, honey, I may never have fried you a turkey - but at least we still have our back porch!

No comments: