Rachael's trip

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Things are ok RIGHT NOW!

This week, I have been reflecting on this paraphrase from my devotional book I read each morning. I says something like "Things are not GOING to be ok, things are ok RIGHT NOW!" The point is not to get so involved in the journey that you don't see the good things that are a part of your daily life.

Today, my daughter goes to her first prom. We had a wonderful time yesterday having mani-pedi's at a new little spa that has opened up here in our town. We made this a before prom and Mother's Day activity combination trip. I was so relaxed that I promptly fell asleep when I got home!

I want to savor today! I want to make memories with my family. Why focus on getting the kids raised and graduated only to miss out on the good stuff that is around me? We will have our day and have memories to share.

Things are ok RIGHT NOW! Don't forget to stop along the journey and savor the moment!


No comments: