Rachael's trip

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Chalkboard Craze

I hate to admit it, but I have jumped on the chalk covered bandwagon! I painted my front door with tintable chalkboard paint. 


To begin with the door looked like this:

I cleaned, sanded, and prepped the door for painting:


After that first coat, I wasn't so sure that this was a good idea. The only positive was that I liked the color:

It did look much better after the second coat. 

 

 Looks even better after I removed the painters tape. I did have to go in and use a q-tip to paint in around the hardware.


The hardest part of all was waiting the three days before I could play with the chalk!











Voila! I got in conditioned this morning! I added one of my favorite quotes and it is done! I admit that during the school year, this door will mostly be used as a giant reminder board, but I like the quote for now. 

 

 

I probably need to use a wider chalk....but you get the idea. I think I am really going to like this!

No comments: