Rachael's trip

Sunday, April 10, 2011

I can tell its spring!

It's spring and I have caught the spring cleaning and redecorating bug! I have been inspired by the many crafty bloggers whom I follow to do something new and creative around the house. I am beginning to see things come together and am starting to feel quite accomplished.

We are having a new wrap around deck put in by the construction classes at school. It is absolutely beautiful.  My husband, the engineer, and the expert construction teacher have come up with a beautiful yet functional design. I can't wait to open it up for the season! Below are some before pictures that I took before we started.


Now, here are a couple that give an idea of where we are going with this whole thing....
I am just so happy with how this is turning out! I can't wait to see how it looks when all the post caps are installed and finishing touches are added. Keep watching...I'll keep you posted...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It really looks good, Jeannie.

Unknown said...

I love to see the dogwoods in bloom, the array of colors in the plants and trees. Plus I love to set my feet free in flipflops!