Rachael's trip

Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Spring of Home Improvement - Spring Break Edition

According to local news, today is going to start off gray but turn into a sunny warm day. I am looking forward to going outside and doing a little container gardening. All those magazines and blogs say to take your container to the local nursery and ask for help.

Yesterday, I did just that. I took one of my three containers to the local garden center. The ladies there were so helpful. They helped me design and create what I am sure will be some great looking planters. I would never have been able to design them myself. I brought the plants home and put them on the front porch to spend the night. I wanted to be able to get started without having to run off to the nursery first.

So, after playing in the dirt and water on the porch...here is what I ended up with....


Now, all we have to do is hope that they survive my brown thumb!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you don't have a brown thumb like me. Hopefully one day I will get the green thumb!