Rachael's trip

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Canada Day 1

Took our time getting out of the house yesterday. Early in the morning, my WONDERFUL HUSBAND did surprise me yesterday with a new camera for my birthday. (I didn't have one of my own - I borrow everyone else's.) I was totally surprised because the trip is supposed to be my present. We left after lunch and drove for about 6 hours - stopping in Winchester Virginia. I have always liked this little town but, we really didn't get to see much of it on this trip. We just didn't want to get back into the car.

Along the way we stopped at Natural Bridge. However, it was $18 to walk down to the bridge which we felt was just a little too steep (pun not intended) so, we enjoyed the little gift shop and walked around the welcome center a bit before heading further north.

After we settled into our hotel, we went to Glory Days next door for dinner. It was a charming place with a good local beer on tap and good food. We really enjoyed ourselves there. Afterwards, we sat down in the hotel bar and figured out which way we wanted to head today. We have decided that our next overnight stop will be in Watertown, New York.

We aren't sure what we will stop and look at today - we are just playing it by ear. This evening I will post some pics.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what kind of camera.... i might have to steal it lol jk... or am i