Rachael's trip

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Canada Day 3

Most of today was spent getting here. We crossed the border at 11:15 this morning with no problems and traveled east to Montreal. We got here around 2:30 but our room wasn't quite ready. So, we wandered around old town for awhile trying to get our bearings. After we came back to our room, got settled in and cleaned up, we went out for our anniversary dinner.

We found this wonderful little restaurant over by the river. I had the best steak I believe I have ever had in my entire life! It was a pepper crusted Filet Mignon. I had forgotten how wonderful the food is here!! It started raining, so we ran to the hotel for shelter..

After about an hour, we wandered out to the jazz festival. I really didn't know what to expect. WOW, what a neat surprise! Streets are blocked off, there are stages with bands playing, and people out just having a good time. We saw two bands. Susanna and her magical orchestra and Lulu Hughes et le Montreal All City Big Band. Wonderful!!

No comments: