Rachael's trip

Saturday, June 11, 2011

2nd week of summer - kitchen obsessed?

So, what's going on this week?

My daughter was still in school this week so, I got another week to myself. Monday, I started on the back wall of the main floor of our house. It goes across the entire width of the house which includes the living room and kitchen. I got it primed and cut in before going to get Rachael from school. After dinner, I thought that I would finish the first coat but, alas, my carpal tunnel kicked in so, I didn't get it finished. I just couldn't hold the roller any longer!

On Tuesday,  I got the first coat finished after I took my daughter to school. Then that afternoon, I was able to do some touch up painting. The kitchen walls are going to be rather dark when it is all finished but, the cabinets will be light so, it should balance out quite nicely.

Wednesday, was errand running day. I left early in the morning and didn't return until around 4. The best part of that day was "pub night" with my husband. However, I did get lots of things accomplished and I am sure I helped the North Carolina economy!

Thursday, I put the kitchen back together as best I could and decoupaged my switch plates. Nothing exciting on that day I can assure you. Except, I am pretty excited about how the switch plates turned out! Not bad for a first try. I will probably Modge Podge a bunch of other stuff this summer! That stuff is cool to work with!


Friday, I put up my new curtains and cleaned up the little messes I had made in the kitchen over the past week. Rachael and I found the curtains at Anna's Linens on sale for $4.99 each. I needed three valances so, they were a total of just under $15! what a steal! I am out of batteries or I would post a picture of them as well.

So, this weekend? We are supposed to start cleaning out the garage. I need work space so that I can finish the kitchen. I want to set up tables and drop cloths etc so that I can paint some smaller things that will go in the kitchen as well as the kitchen doors.

Wow, I sound like I am kitchen obsessed don't I?

See ya next week!
J

No comments: