Rachael's trip

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Beginning of Summer

Ahhh...the summer. A teacher's favorite time of year. Time to rest, relax, and recharge. Really??? Are you kidding me?!?!

In this first week alone I have suffered from a severe sinus infection which landed me at the doctor's office, been to my daughters confirmation ceremony, hosted a tiki bar grand opening party, and finally, been to the speedway to watch the races and hear Rachael sing the national anthem.

Wow! 

Today, I prepped the longest wall in my kitchen that runs along the back end of the house. I hope to get it primed and painted tomorrow. There is kitchen stuff strewn all over the house.  After I had finished taping off the windows and baseboards, I decided to take a break. I sat on my bed and began to flip channels with the remote. I found myself totally immersed in UNC tv's broadcast of "Anne of Green Gables." I didn't get to finish taping off the ceiling until after supper. Oh well, I guess that is the good part of summer....there is always tomorrow! 

No comments: