Rachael's trip

Monday, June 13, 2011

Cool Cat Teacher

One of the people in my PLN, Cool Cat Teacher posted this on her blog. I think she hit the nail on the head here.


One of the most important jobs of a teacher during any break is to heal. Working with people is a struggle any day. But to consistently work with people every day with the single minded purpose to help them grow and improve is a calling of great proportions that withdraws energy of great proportion.
When I am blessed with a “break,” I know that I must take “a break” lest I break under the strain. Truly, a tree without water will die and a flower without water parched by the sun will also wilt and die. So to, if I neglect the nourishment of my heart and soul, I will wilt under the pressure of being a teacher.
Teaching is a great calling, a noble calling, and towards this aim I shall ever give my life and soul so that when the last drop of my life is poured out, I shall know it was a life well spent.
Vicki Davis, Cool Cat Teacher

No comments: