Rachael's trip

Thursday, June 23, 2011

If it's Wednesday it must be Grand Caymen!

We go on our first cruise in two days! I am so excited! I can hardly stand it!

I have been checking things off the to do list all week. I took my daughter to WV to stay with family while we are gone, finished the laundry, called the banks and credit card companies, printed all the documents, stopped the mail, and made packing list. I just need to pick up some sea bands for my husband, pick up newspapers and pack my suitcase!

Twenty-five years ago we went to Nashville for our honeymoon. We couldn't afford much. We did do a dinner cruise on the General Jackson, visited Opryland, and the Grand Old Opry. To me, a vacation just isn't a vacation unless there is an ocean involved. But, over the years, I guess I have learned to appreciate visiting lots of different places. Back then though, I would have rather been some place a little more romantic. So, we promised ourselves a cruise on our twenty fifth anniversary.

Here we are...our twenty fifth is next week and we are keeping our promise. I paid on this trip for an entire year and have been saving my pennies so that we can splurge a little while we are gone. Way more romantic don't you think?

If you have any tips or tricks you would like to share with us - the cruising novices, please share!

No comments: